Ljosheim chapel, built in concrete and wood, is situated on the farm of Mykløy in the valley of Oldedalen in the municipality of Stryn. The chapel has a seating capacity of 130, and it was built in 1924 and consecrated for church functions on 22 October, 1935. The emissary Andreas Sande made the designs. Ljosheim chapel belongs to the Olden "sokn" in the parish of Innvik.
Byrknesøy chapel was originally a "bedehus" (a lay evangelical house) located in the extreme western part of the municipality of Gulen. The chapel, which has a seating capacity of 200, was consecrated by the bishop Per Juvkvam on 26 May, 1972. It was designed by the architect Johan Tveit. Byrknesøy chapel belongs to the Mjømna "sokn" in the parish of Gulen.
Batalden "bedehus" chapel is an extended "bedehus" built in wood on the island of Fanøya in the municipality of Flora. The "bedehus" chapel, which has a seating capacity of 100, was consecrated for church functions on 26 February, 1911. The house was built in 1907, and "Gjertsen & Co." was in charge of the construction work. Batalden chapel district is a part of Kinn "sokn" in the parish of Kinn.
Kvammen chapel is a local church community centre built in concrete and red brick in the village of Kvammen, on the southern side of the Førdefjord in the municipality of Askvoll. The church, with a seating capacity of 300, was consecrated on 27 November, 1977, by the bishop Thor With. The chapel was designed by the architect Alf Apelseth from Ørsta. Kvammen "chapel district" is a part of Askvoll "sokn" in the parish of Askvoll.
Stongfjorden "bedehus" chapel is a rebuilt "bedehus" built in wood. It is situated in the village of Stongfjorden in the municipality of Askvoll. The "bedehus" chapel, which has a seating capacity of 300, was built in 1908 and consecrated for church functions on 6 December, 1914 by the dean Jonas Rein Landmark. Martinus Haugen designed the original "bedehus" and the architects Torgeir Alvsaker and Einar Vaardal-Lunde made the design for the chapel rebuilding. Stongfjorden belongs to the Askvoll "sokn" in the Askvoll parish.
Dokumentet inneheld xml-feil! An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 6628.
Svelgen chapel is a local church community centre built in concrete in the municipal centre of Svelgen in Bremanger. The chapel - with a seating capacity of 290 - was consecrated on 9 October, 1960 by the bishop Ragnvald Indrebø. The architects Claus and Johan Lindstrøm made the designs. Svelgen chapel district is a part of the Midtgulen "sokn" in the parish of Davik.
In 2003, the Nordstranda "bedehus" chapel at Stadlandet could celebrate its centenary. This chapel has throughout the years been well known and much used. In the church magazine "Kyrkjenytt for Ervik, Leikanger og Selje" # 3/2003, there was an article on the chapel over the years. This article is practically the same as the one in the church magazine, but with minor editorial changes.
The layment movement was very strong around 1900. Laymen preachers from various Christian organizations travelled around in the villages, holding meetings and establishing local organizations. At Dalsøyra meetings were held at the schoolhouse, but private homes were also used. Fairly soon people wanted to build a "bedehus" and on 1 June 1916, the Dalsøyra "bedehus" (literally: house of prayer) was consecrated.
Askrova "bedehus" chapel was consecrated by bishop Ragnvald Indrebø on 14 April, 1957. However, the planning was started much earlier, actually as far back as in the 1920s.